[sword-devel] transChange within a rdg element

DM Smith dmsmith at crosswire.org
Fri Feb 5 10:10:04 MST 2016

At this point the code (osisxhtml) says:
if ((type == "added") || (type == "supplied"))
        outText("<span class=\"transChangeSupplied\">", buf, u);
else if (type == "tenseChange")
                buf += "*";

Note: supplied is not a valid value for transChange and probably represents an earlier OSIS text.

It really bother’s me that tenseChange is given with mark down. And that none of the other transChange type attributes are passed as class values.

Here is how it handles catchWord and rdg.
// <catchWord> & <rdg> tags (italicize)
else if (!strcmp(tag.getName(), "rdg") || !strcmp(tag.getName(), "catchWord")) {
        if ((!tag.isEndTag()) && (!tag.isEmpty())) {
                outText("<i>", buf, u);
        }
        else if (tag.isEndTag()) {
                outText("</i>", buf, u);
        }
}

This is not good. Probably should have been <span class=“…”> And catch word should be styled as bold.

DM