[sword-devel] diatheke missing bibletext.cls and sword.sty

Brian Jolly brian at brianjolly.com
Thu Feb 4 16:10:39 MST 2016

Hi Everyone,

I am working on a personal project to print and bind my own bible. I'm
trying to use diatheke with LaTeX output to generate a set of pdf's to
print from.

I checked out what I believe to be the latest in SVN:
    Repository Root: http://crosswire.org/svn/sword
    Repository UUID: bcd7d363-81e1-0310-97ec-a550e20fc99c
    Revision: 3399

The diatheke output looks good, but I am missing some sword related LaTeX
dependencies and do not know where to find them.

When I run pdflatex on the .tex file it gives the following two errors:
    ! LaTeX Error: File `bibletext.cls' not found.
    ! LaTeX Error: File `sword.sty' not found.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated, Thanks!

Here is my command line:
>sword  ~/projects/sword/utilities/diatheke/diatheke -b KJV -f LaTeX -k Jn
3:16 | tee testjohn.tex
    \documentclass{bibletext}

    \usepackage{sword}
    \title{King James Version (1769) with Strongs Numbers and Morphology
\\\small Jn 3:16}
    \setmainlanguage{english}
    \date{}
    \begin{document}
    \maketitle
    \swordverse{John.3.16}{John 3:16}{16}  ¶For God so loved the world,
that he gave his only     begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him
should not perish, but have everlasting life.
    (KJV, General public license for distribution for any purpose)
    \end{document}

>sword  pdflatex testjohn.tex

    This is pdfTeX, Version 3.14159265-2.6-1.40.16 (TeX Live 2015/Arch
Linux) (preloaded     format=pdflatex)
     restricted \write18 enabled.
    entering extended mode
    (./testjohn.tex
    LaTeX2e <2015/10/01> patch level 2
    Babel <3.9m> and hyphenation patterns for 79 languages loaded.

    ! LaTeX Error: File `bibletext.cls' not found.