[sword-devel] regenerating an editable Personal commentary

DM Smith dmsmith at crosswire.org
Thu Feb 4 11:43:13 MST 2016

I’ve been thinking for a while now that there shouldn’t be a personal commentary module in any repository. Rather, I think there should be a mechanism for the user to create one or more from scratch according to their preference.

The personal module is supposed to be “Plaintext” and not marked up. If it is marked up, then the module is not shareable with other apps. Unless of course that the conf is modified to say SourceType=ThML (or some such.)

It has a hard coded description. Maybe it is not appropriate for a non-english speaker.(unless the conf is modified)

It only supports left to right languages.

The language is the default: English.

It doesn’t support utf-8, but only Windows CP1252.

All of the above can be supported with the appropriate edits to the conf.

It is KJV not some other v11n.

There is no means to have a personal commentary that works for all versifications. Let alone something other than the KJV.

….

In Him,
	DM