[sword-devel] SWORD Meet

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Sat Aug 6 10:47:43 MST 2016

Dear sword-devel,

It has been a really long time since we've had any formal SWORD Meet.
My apologies for not planning anything.  They are always a blessing to
me and I hope to others, as well.

I would like to propose 2 options for annual SWORD gatherings throughout
the year.

Europe

I have made it a habit over the last years to visit Edinburgh during
Festival Fringe each August.  Often I meet informally with Peter von
Kaehne, once with David Haslam, and it seems a good occasion for both
fun and catching up.  Would our European contingency be interested in
planning regular meetings around Fringe each August?

https://edfringe.s3.amazonaws.com/video/2014_teaser.mp4

It is already August this year thus no chance to plan anything official,
but I will be there between 14-21 August, and would be happy to meet
with anyone informally.

U.S.

Next, many of us attend ETS+IBR+SBL each year.  These conferences meet
each November, just before U.S. Thanksgiving holiday and move from city
to city each year.  This year will be in San Antonio. I've met many of
our community over the years at these events and SBL usually even has
digital research tools sessions which can be interesting.  These events
also would provide a great opportunity for us to meet with publishers.
Would our U.S. collaborators be interested in planning regular meetings
to coincide?

https://www.sbl-site.org/meetings/annualmeeting.aspx

http://www.etsjets.org/annual_meeting_overview

https://www.ibr-bbr.org

Thanks for considering, sharing in service together, and I look forward
to hopefully seeing some of you soon,

Troy