[sword-devel] Open English Bible update?

Matěj Cepl mcepl at cepl.eu
Wed Sep 23 15:20:42 MST 2015

On 2015-09-21, 16:10 GMT, David Haslam wrote:
> I just started to examine the USFM files for the OEB, and found that some of
> the USFM is of rather poor quality.
> I encountered problems such as missing verses, verses in the wrong order,
> etc.

Did you look at the USFM texts on GitHub
(https://github.com/openenglishbible/Open-English-Bible)? It
seems to be better than what we currently have in OEB module.
For example, I was trying to use HTML of Psalms generated by
diatheke from our OEB module (trying to make my HTML5 Psalms
reader multilingual) and I had to switch to ESV, because it was
missing many verses (which were hunked together in one verse),
tons of nonsensical elements (like <div>s, etc.). Most of these
problems seem to be fixed in the GitHub text.

Just one anecdote story.

Matěj

http://www.ceplovi.cz/matej/, Jabber: mcepl at ceplovi.cz

Always make new mistakes