[sword-devel] Canonical Headings in Psalms

Michael H cmahte at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 16:22:36 MST 2015

These extraverse 'descriptions' labelled here "canonical titles" are also
almost universally marked up as body text in a slightly smaller bold font,
or an italic centered font, but NOT the same style as chapter or book
titles.

Many (all?) sword front ends treat <title type="Psalms"> as a main title,
and not as the extra-verse canonical text like they should. It would be
NICE if module encoders didn't have to hack OSIS to make these preverse
descriptions appear normal for users.

(how the original KJV handled preverse discriptors in psalms)
https://ia700408.us.archive.org/BookReader/BookReaderImages.php?zip=/11/items/holybiblefacsimi00polluoft/holybiblefacsimi00polluoft_jp2.zip&file=holybiblefacsimi00polluoft_jp2/holybiblefacsimi00polluoft_0814.jp2&scale=4&rotate=0