[sword-devel] “Standard” Bibles in various languages?

Matěj Cepl mcepl at cepl.eu
Sat Sep 12 14:43:22 MST 2015

Hi,

I wrote a simple webapp for reading Psalms on my smartphone
(tested on both Firefox OS, Firefox for Android, and Chrome for
Android, also on the desktop browsers). It is just a super
stupid thing which allows swipe to next/previous psalm and
remembers which was the last psalm read in between running of
the apps?

Feeling the native feeling of inferiority shared by all Czechs
over our language which nobody understands, I feel I would
extend this app to have more language versions. I would like to
use some non-crazy rather middle-of-the-road modern translations
for each language, but I am not sure what are these for other
languages. For English, I use normally ESV, but I have no clue
what is the right translation for German, for example.

Could anybody suggest such “normal” translations for day-to-day
reading?

Thank you in advance,

Matěj

http://www.ceplovi.cz/matej/, Jabber: mcepl at ceplovi.cz

Ask yourself whether you’ve really obtained fullness of the Holy
Spirit, followed by gifts needed for your service.
    -- Francis MacNutt