[sword-devel] Semantic problem: real module names vs. Abbreviation=XYZ

David Haslam dfhmch at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 1 09:47:08 MST 2015

Hi DM,

Yep - collisions are bad.

I recall several years ago we had a conversation about having two versions
of the same module in Bible Desktop, and being informed that there was a
further requirement that the Description strings also had to be different. I
don't think we ever documented this in the wiki.

For module developers, this is sometimes necessary.
i.e. To have both the last release and the update candidate version
installed at the same time for comparison and testing purposes.

btw. I just noticed that for some IBT modules John has not used
Abbreviation, but rather a xulsword custom property called TabLabel.

eg. in the module [TJK] he has
TabLabel=Таҷ

Many other IBT modules still use Abbreviation, e.g. for Localization in
Arabic script ...
Abbreviation=قىرع–ۉن

Regards,

David