[sword-devel] Semantic problem: real module names vs. Abbreviation=XYZ

David Haslam dfhmch at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 1 01:26:17 MST 2015

Yesterday, I added a note in the wiki page:

http://www.crosswire.org/wiki/DevTools:conf_Files#cite_note-1

1. We strongly advise to avoid using an Abbreviation that's identical to the
ModName or Abbreviation of any other module. It only leads to confusion, and
may have unexpected consequences for some front-ends.

Peter thought that this might confuse some module developers, but I'm more
concerned about the unexpected consequences of the semantic problem at the
software.

David