[sword-devel] Semantic problem: real module names vs. Abbreviation=XYZ

David Haslam dfhmch at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 1 01:17:46 MST 2015

We know that xulsword also makes use of Abbreviations, primarily for
Localization (just as they were intended), so it would be useful to have
some response from John.

Now that we have an IBT repository, if I install one of the IBT modules
using Xiphos, because xulsword recognizes my sword path in Windows, it can
display two copies of the same module at the same time, the other having
already been installed by xulsword itself to its own modules path. The two
modules may even be different versions.  Because module selection is by
Abbreviation, it's not so easy to know which one is being selected when
there are two with the same.  Though this might be somewhat confusing to the
user, it does not seem to cause any critical problem to the application
software.

I should also mention that I had long ago added the xulsword resources
directory as a local modules source for Xiphos.  e.g.

C:\Users\David\AppData\Roaming\IBT\MK\Profiles\resources

So vice versa applies.

Regards

David