[sword-devel] OSIS markup best practice: sanity check

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Thu Oct 1 00:33:23 MST 2015

Hi Matěj,

You should have a look in the location where you install your sword modules. If you compile from source and use the default paths, then it would be /use/share/sword/. Wherever that sword module location is, you should find a locales.d/ folder with all the available locales. If you don't see a Czech locale, you can create one by copying an existing locale and change according. One thing the sword parser will not support right now is the use of , to separate chapter from verse. This is a deficiency we need to solve. , is used to separate list items of chapters or verses, so jn3,9 is parsed as John chapters 3 and 9. Mat4.9,13 is parsed as Matthew chapter 4 verses 9 and 13.  But a simple Regex to change , to : before sending to the parser, and the : back to , IN ONLY THE TEXT NODE of the reference after the parsing should do the trick.  Hope this gets you going.