[sword-devel] New Front End

Ryan Hiebert ryan at ryanhiebert.com
Wed May 13 05:25:44 MST 2015

> On May 13, 2015, at 3:26 AM, Matěj Cepl <mcepl at cepl.eu> wrote:
>
> On 2015-05-12, 19:34 GMT, Ryan Hiebert wrote:
>> If I were you, I'd host the code and the tarballs on GitHub.
>> Not everybody agrees with me, but GitHub is pretty capable for
>> this purpose.
>
> Except GitHub (aside from being a proprietary beast) doesn’t
> allow hosting of a random tarball or webpage, only allows
> downloading of a snapshot of some particular tag and it has
> wiki. For somebody it might be important.

Actually, yes you can. They used to only do automatic tarballs of your repository tags, but now they also allow you to upload your own files related to the release.

https://github.com/blog/1547-release-your-software

For hosting a webpage, GitHub Pages works really well. You can just put your HTML into a `pages` (orphan) branch of your repository, and they'll host it for you. You can even point your own domain to it if you like. Apparently they've even added a site generator that gives you some UI to help you get a basic site together.

https://pages.github.com/