[sword-devel] FireBible is back - 2.0b3 released!

Brian Fernandes infernalproteus at gmail.com
Sat May 9 19:38:09 MST 2015

It's been nearly three years since the last FireBible release, but I'm
happy to announce the FireBible 2.0b3 release today. This version will
work on Windows & Linux for Firefox versions 26 and higher. No OS X
support yet, unfortunately. I'll submit this update to Mozilla Add-ons
so that my AMO listing gets updated as well, but I expect that to take
some time.
You can get FireBible here: http://thegoan.com/firebible

The most serious change is the fact that I've moved from JSword to Sword
(through XULSword) due to the constant problems with Firefox's
extensions + Java security settings, which ultimately left FireBible in
a broken state for a couple of years. Moving to Sword was not
technically difficult thanks to XULSword, but it did entail a rewrite of
a significant portion of the extension which took longer than expected.
I guess a few Wiki edits will now be necessary, reflecting these change.

There are a a couple of known deficiencies compared to previous versions
of FireBible, given the loss of features that JSword gave me for free /
easily - like the Module Manager and Search functionality. I'm working
on re-adding these now.

I take this opportunity to thank DM Smith for his work on JSword,
without which FireBible would not have existed in the first place - and
John Austin for XULSword (and all Sword developers too!) without which
FireBible would never have been resurrected :)

For more details on this release, please read:
http://thegoan.com/blog/firebible-2-0b3-released/

Feedback appreciated, as always. Have a great Sunday!

In Him,
Brian.