[sword-devel] Output from imp2vs

David Haslam dfhmch at googlemail.com
Fri Mar 27 03:26:05 MST 2015

Chris,

Observations from a Windows user...

Whenever I use imp2vs.exe, I direct stdout & stderr to a separate log file.
The end of my cmd line has "1>..\log\imp2vs.log 2>..\log\error.log"

If error.log is empty, that's usually a good sign, albeit there's little
error checking done.

The imp2vs.log is mostly just a record of the module build process.

Example: first few lines

from file: [ Module Heading ]
adding entry: [ Module Heading ] length 1/1
from file: [ Testament 1 Heading ]
adding entry: [ Testament 1 Heading ] length 1/1
from file: Genesis 0:0
adding entry: Genesis 0:0 length 1/1
from file: Genesis 1:0
adding entry: Genesis 1:0 length 1/1
from file: Genesis 1:1
adding entry: Genesis 1:1 length 49/49
from file: Genesis 1:2
adding entry: Genesis 1:2 length 190/190

It's not a tedious task to scroll down a log file.

Regards

David