[sword-devel] Trucrypt and Sword Project Front Ends

Matěj Cepl mcepl at cepl.eu
Fri Jun 26 01:44:48 MST 2015

On 2015-06-26, 00:36 GMT, jonathon wrote:
> Has anybody installed, and run any of the Sword Project front ends, in a
> TrueCrypt Container, or any similar encrypted container?
>
> If so, which one front end, on which operating system?

I don't think TrueCrypt should matter for any Sword-related
program. For those the virtual drive they work should be exactly
same disk as the real one.

My $HOME (that’s C:\Documents and Settings\Users\%username for
the Windows people or something of that sort) is on the
encrypted partition via dm-crypt (the system encryption) on
RHEL-7 (Linux/x86_64) and of course it just works. No
Sword-related program knows and cares about the underlying
storage technology.

Blessings,

Matěj

http://www.ceplovi.cz/matej/, Jabber: mcepl at ceplovi.cz

..every Man has a Property in his own Person. This no Body has
any Right to but himself. The Labour of his Body, and the Work of
his Hands, we may say, are properly his. .... The great and chief
end therefore, of Mens uniting into Commonwealths, and putting
themselves under Government, is the Preservation of their
Property.
    -- John Locke, "A Treatise Concerning Civil Government"