[sword-devel] usfm to osis converter...

Healing Advisor healingadvisor at gmx.com
Fri Jul 31 09:19:30 MST 2015

On 31/07/15 16:09, Ryan wrote:

> This would be why I haven't done anything with xrefs. I am sure I don't
> possess the knowledge required to handle them properly. :)

In the original, they don't quite work properly.  I've suspended work on
the Brenton Septuagint module until we have a fix.  The footnotes and
xrefs don't currently nest properly.  They were not too bad in the
original script, but when work stopped on the earlier (Perl?) version,
and the newer (Python?) version - or was it the other way round? - some
of the conversions I tried to do resulted in a complete mess with
complex footnotes.  I know the USFM was valid and looks OK on Michael
Johnson's site (where I have been uploading the modules.

My problem now, is that unless I put in a lot more time revisiting the
earlier work (because I have forgotten exactly what the problems were) I
can't give a detailed explanation.  I had a go at trying to see where
the problem was, but gave up and decided that regular expressions are
totally beyond me.

God bless,		Barry.
--
http://barrydrake.co.nr/