[sword-devel] Av11n mark 2

Tuomas Airaksinen tuomas.airaksinen at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 03:03:30 MST 2015

> Chris has a script that will build the C data structures from an OSIS
> file.
>
> JSword does not handle genbook Bibles.
>
> I'm leery that the performance will be unacceptable. Fast lookup tables
> would need to be built to achieve parity. They'd need to be cached to
> prevent startup costs.
>
> Currently JSword adheres to the definition of an OSIS id for a reference.
> That is / is not an allowed separator between levels. Only '.'

This is a critical problem that I would be very happy to see resolved
somehow. At the moment it is impossible to build a genbook module (or a
other module that has links to genbook) that works on both JSword and
libsword apps.
My current workaround is that I need to build one module for jsword (And
Bible) and one for libsword (Xiphos), which is not nice at all.

There's pull request for JSword that would fix that, which is waiting for
comments: https://github.com/crosswire/jsword/pull/98

--
T: Tuomas