[sword-devel] Av11n mark 2

Peter von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Mon Jul 13 20:04:12 MST 2015

Since Chris' going AWOL no one has dared touching the av11ns. Adding a new one is fraught with risks.

But there are languages where none of our v11n systems is right and nothing new suggests itself either, unfortunately, French, now Danish too.. Faroese, also several Pacific bibles from Kahunapule.   There is a second, per module implementation of av11n lingering in our code, general book bibles. It seems to work reasonably enough in Xiphos.

I think the time has come to ressurect the matter. Otherwise we risk serving poorly a significant segment of our users.

What do you think?

Peter