[sword-devel] Packages .....

Barry Drake bdrake at crosswire.org
Wed Jan 28 09:44:16 MST 2015

On 26/01/15 22:03, Greg Hellings wrote:
> https://sites.google.com/site/xiphosforubuntu/files
Unfortunately these packages won't work under Mint as at the current
release version (17.1).  Mint is behind Ubuntu with up-to-date updates.
I've tried getting the dependencies, but when I got to the sdtc++
library, I would have started to break the system.  I've looked up what
I did last time around, and I built Sword and BibleTime some 18 months
ago and made packages.  It was my experimental packages that I installed
in the next Ubuntu release. As soon as I get chance, I'll see about
building under Mint 17.1.  I don't want to get involved in packaging
again.  It really is a dedicated and thankless task - but I'll note what
I have to do (symlinks etc.) and make it available as required.

Let me know if there is anything particular I can do, or make notes of,
in order to help packagers.

Kind regards,        Barry.