[sword-devel] The OSIS <speaker> element ?

DM Smith dmsmith at crosswire.org
Sat Jan 24 10:50:50 MST 2015

The common example of using speaker to identify Man/Woman (He/She) in Psalms is not recommended by the OSIS manual. Since it is added text (i.e. not in the Hebrew), the OSIS manual recommends:
<transChange type=“added”>woman</transChange>

The OSIS manual recommends using speaker for canonical text. However, true is not the default value for the canonical attribute on the speaker element. I take this to mean that if canonical=“false” is not on the element then speaker is canonical. Thus, having OSISSpeaker as a toggle is not quite right.

— DM