[sword-devel] reference parser - yet another bug?

David Haslam dfhmch at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 13 09:09:12 MST 2015

I just examined the Russian locale file ru_RU-utf8.conf

What was interesting is that the [Book Abbrevs] section includes
abbreviations that end in a full stop.

Here's a snippet.

[Book Abbrevs]

1М=Gen
1М.=Gen
быт=Gen
быт.=Gen
Быт=Gen
Быт.=Gen
бытие=Gen
Бытие=Gen
2М=Exod
2М.=Exod
исх=Exod
исх.=Exod
Исх=Exod
Исх.=Exod
исход=Exod
Исход=Exod

3. Иоанна=3John
3 Иоанна=3John
3Иоанна=3John
3иоан=3John
3иоан.=3John
3ин=3John
3ин.=3John
3 ин=3John
3 ин.=3John
3Ин=3John
3Ин.=3John

(the second snippet shows that a single book can have all kinds of
permutations for abbrevs)

It would seem therefore that the full-stop is/was a permitted character!

Has the SWORD parser been changed since the Russian locale was first made
(last used) ?

If full-stops are still permitted, my earlier suggestion to include the line

JUD.=Judg

might be a way forward, (providing full-stop removal was disabled in
xreffix.pl)

If the full-stop removal is disabled, then all 49 abbreviations ending in a
full-stop should be included.

David