[sword-devel] Xiphos FTBFS with GCC 5.0

Matěj Cepl mcepl at cepl.eu
Wed Feb 11 02:06:04 MST 2015

http://mcepl.fedorapeople.org/tmp/xiphos-gcc5-build.log

> Absent a log I can see, I will make an educated guess, that this problem
> occurs in modulecache.hh, because clang++ crashes on such a misguided
> claim (with absurd/insane values, literally in the tens of thousands).
> The depth there is because the cache is instantiated as a layered series
> of string- and int-keyed std::maps.

I think you are right. In case you want to file a bug, I was
told by my colleages that the ideal would be
https://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/ (or perhaps the Red Hat Bugzilla
if you really don't want to create a new bugzilla account).

> Is gcc5 intended to be mandatory in f22?

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/22/ChangeSet#GCC5 ...
well, “mandatory” seems a bit loaded word, but yes, gcc5 will be
what you get as gcc in F22.

Best,

Matěj