[sword-devel] PEG parser for USFM

Ryan Hiebert ryan at ryanhiebert.com
Mon Dec 28 09:36:39 MST 2015

> On Dec 28, 2015, at 9:43 AM, Baiju M <baiju.m.mail at gmail.com> wrote:
> Anyone tried to create a parser for USFM using Parsing Expression Grammar (PEG)?
>
> I just started exploring this idea here: https://github.com/baijum/usfm <https://github.com/baijum/usfm> This is very early stage. If I am able to make any progress, will report here.

I haven't, but I think it's a good idea. Especially if it can end up with a proper parse tree, I think that may be much easier for the USFM to OSIS converter to handle correctly.

I'm interested to see where this goes. If you wanted, I'd be willing to try and find some time to pair and see if we can make some good progress. Unfortunately, I'm not too terribly familiar with the spec, but perhaps having two heads working on it can help.

Ryan