[sword-devel] Submission of OSIS files for Bibles and Commentaries

David Haslam dfhmch at googlemail.com
Sat Dec 26 14:56:59 MST 2015

Michael writes, "Wow. A little grace would go a long way in this thread."

Admittedly, I've expressed some things rather strongly.

That's simply because until earlier this evening, I was the only one seeing
the issue.

The script-generated conf files I installed from the repo contained lines
that Peter couldn't even see before he read my detailed report sent
privately as an Excel file attachment.

Something very weird was going on that neither of us knew about.

Is it not unsurprising that I should feel very frustrated that repeated
iterations didn't lead to a clean solutuon?

After all, the submitted module conf files were error free.

A system that's designed to remedy bad conf files shouldn't have ended up
damaging good ones.

Yet that's exactly what has happened.

There are lessons to be learned by all of us.

It's not been a painless experience.

Best regards,

David

PS. Peter and I are already planning collaborative work for another project.
It's not as if we're falling out with each other.