[sword-devel] zip/unzip weirdness technical advice please

Peter von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Sat Dec 26 10:18:51 MST 2015

To move on from the ugliness on the other thread a new one.

I would appreciate a heads up and some advice:

David has pointed at some serious corruption in the conf files.
Contrary to his assumption this has nothing to do with my computing a
conf file mechanism but happens somewhere en route between my finalised
conf file (which look more or less the same as the ones he wants me to
upload) and the ones which appear on the server.

The ones on the server are bad. Seriously bad.

This is what I do:

I zip a finalised module (conf file ok). I scp it to the server. I
unzip it in a staging area. I use the engine's installer to move it
from my staging area to the server's module area and move the zip to
the zip packages.

As both zip conf file and ftp conf file are the same way corrupted the
problem is in the zip/scp/unzip process.

Here is my conf file before it leaves:

FreSynodale1921]
DataPath=./modules/texts/ztext/fresynodale1921/
ModDrv=zText
CompressType=ZIP
BlockType=BOOK
Lang=fr
GlobalOptionFilter=OSISHeadings
Feature=NoParagraphs
Encoding=UTF-8
SourceType=OSIS
LCSH=Bible.French
SwordVersionDate=2015-12-26
Description=Le Nouveau Testament Version Synodale 1921 et le livre des
Psaumes
About=Le Nouveau Testament Version Synodale 1921 et le livre des
Psaumes. \par
DistributionLicense=Public Domain
TextSource=http://456-bible.123-bible.com/
MinimumVersion=1.5.9
History_1.0=first release
History_1.0.1=some conffile corrections
Version=1.0.2
History_1.0.2=some conffile corrections
Versification=KJV

Here is the conf file as it is on the server'

[FreGeneve1669]
DataPath=./modules/texts/ztext/fregeneve1669/
ModDrv=zText
CompressType=ZIP
BlockType=BOOK
Lang=fr
GlobalOptionFilter=OSISHeadings
GlobalOptionFilter=UTF8GreekAccents
Feature=NoParagraphs
Encoding=UTF-8
SourceType=OSIS
LCSH=Bible.French
SwordVersionDate=2015-12-25
Description=Le Nouveau Testament de la Bible de Genève de 1669
MinimumVersion=1.6.0
# Required to support Mark.9.51 Mark.10.53 Acts.24.28
# Versification=Calvin
# MinimumVersion=1.8.0
About=Le Nouveau Testament de la Bible de Genève de 1669.\par\par
Source text obtained in October 2015 from http://biblegeneve.com/nt1669
/ \par supplemented in a few places using the text read from scanned
pages \par in the zip download from http://www.fichier-zip.com/2013/03/
31/bible-geneve-1669-bibliorama-fr/ \par\par The orthography has some
quirks, such as "f" in words such as in "Paul prifonnier de Jefus
Chrift".\par The original would have used the archaic long letter
"ſ".\par Reverting these could not be easily scripted because the
letter "f" is also part of the French alphabet.\par A dictionary based
approach might be feasible, but there would still be many cases that
require a human decision \par (e.g. "fera" vs "ſera").\par Some
spellings are inconsistent. \par The italics markup in Luc was missing.
History_1.0=Initial release 2015-10-22
LCSH=Bible. French.
DistributionLicense=Public Domain
TextSource=http://biblegeneve.com/nt1669/
History_1.0=first release
Version=1.0.1
History_1.0.1=some conf file corrections
Versification=NRSV
=NRSV
InstallSize=727050