[sword-devel] Malayalam Bible 1910 published

Baiju M baiju.m.mail at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 06:55:35 MST 2015

Yes, there was presence of Christianity in Kerala from 1st century onwards.
And Syriac was the language used by clergy men.

The influence of Syriac language is even visible in 1811 edition of
Malayalam Bible. See the note given along with the scan given here:
https://archive.org/details/1811RambanBibleMalayalam

To know more about Christianity and missionary works in Kerala, this link
would be helpful:

http://shijualex.in/missionary-documents-with-references-to-kerala/