[sword-devel] Passing parametres to the filters

Peter von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Tue Dec 22 01:55:09 MST 2015

I am currently trying to do a last polish on the LaTeX filters and am
also at David's instigation writing experimental Markdown filters.

What I came across in both was that the need to make a hard-coded
decisions whether to keep footnote content inline or store it outside
of the output. Our XHTML filters e.g drop footnote content on external
storage and create simply a link in the flow of the text. For my LaTeX
filter I need the content inline, but for the Markdown stuff I am still
thinking.

My question is whether it is possible to pass parametres to the filters
during setup to avoid hardcoded lock-in. And if not, whether it would
be a good idea to make this possible.

I would think there might be a bunch of other things once one thinks
hard enough which would benefit from being configurable. Not sure.

Peter