[sword-devel] testing for diacritics

Ryan adyeths at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 11:13:30 MST 2015

On Thu, 2015-08-27 at 23:22 +0100, Peter von Kaehne wrote:
> Is there a clever and reliable way one could test in a given OSIS text
> to see whether it contains diacritically enhanced texts or not? Perl,
> preferably.
>
> Specifically Hebrew, Arabic type alphabets and Greek - for all of which
> we have special a GlobalOptionFilter.

Given a variable with a copy of the text using the unicode NFD
normalization, I would think that all you would need to do is test for
the presence of the specific diacritic marks themselves. Would be easy
to do in python. I would imagine it would be easy to do in perl as well,
for someone who knows how to write perl