[sword-devel] HebDelitzsch updated

David Haslam dfhmch at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 28 06:43:48 MST 2015

Dear Peter,

I just installed version 1.1.1 and there are still issues with missing &
misplaced verses between 3 John and Rev 22:21.

Running emptyvss and ignoring the empty OT lists only these two locations:

II Corinthians 13:14
Revelation of John 13:1

The first line was expected.
That second line is a clue to the fact that there are some unexpected empty
verses.

Running diatheke for "Mat-Rev" and examining the output,
one finds the following verses with no Hebrew text (regex search for ": $")

II Corinthians 13:14:
Jude 1:1:
Revelation of John 1:1:
Revelation of John 2:1:
Revelation of John 3:1:
Revelation of John 4:1:
Revelation of John 5:1:
Revelation of John 6:1:
Revelation of John 7:1:
Revelation of John 8:1:
Revelation of John 9:1:
Revelation of John 10:1:
Revelation of John 11:1:
Revelation of John 12:1:
Revelation of John 13:1:
Revelation of John 13:2:
Revelation of John 14:2:
Revelation of John 15:2:
Revelation of John 16:2:
Revelation of John 17:2:
Revelation of John 18:2:
Revelation of John 19:2:
Revelation of John 20:2:
Revelation of John 21:2:
Revelation of John 22:2:

Note especially the two instances in Rev 13 above.

The build problem begins at the end of III John.

Verse numbers are offset in the last two books (Jude & Revelation).
Verse numbers are offset further from Revelation chapter 13.

The final 2 verses of Rev 22 are missing!
The text displayed as Rev 22:21 actually belongs to Rev 22:19

The OSIS (downloaded from GitHub) looks right in terms of text content here.

There must be something seriously amiss with osis2mod $Rev: 3322 used for
the build.

We should try building the module with an earlier version of osis2mod to
compare results.

cf. In Sword utilities for Win32, I still have $Rev: 2893 available.
Within the Xiphos 4.0.3 installation, I also have $Rev:  3314.
The latter is probably too close to what was used for the build, so the
former may be worth the try.

----

There are no titles in the OSIS file (except in the header), so this line
should be removed from the conf:

GlobalOptionFilter=OSISHeadings

Finally, please also remove this line, as the NT is never cantillated (only
applies to the Tanakh.)

GlobalOptionFilter=UTF8Cantillation

Apologies if the way I worded my earlier note generated confusion on this
point.

Best regards,

David