[sword-devel] Modules HebDelitzsch and HebNTFD ?

David Haslam dfhmch at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 28 05:48:59 MST 2015

Peter,

Naming the module HebDelitzsch is very misleading!

About=Hebrew New Testament 2015-07-20 with Niqqud, based on the Delitzsch
translation from 1885 and on the version of Streams in the Negev 2003

As I read that again now, it seems that this module is a REVISION of the
Delitzsch NT.

Comparing the text in detail with HebNTFD shows conclusively that it's not
merely a correction (say) to transcription errors in some earlier Delitzsch
digitization.

If so, the module name should clearly reflect that it is a revision.

It's certainly not the same text as (say) HebNTFD. There are far too many
differences.

What isn't clear to me is whether this is a hybrid of two textual sources,
or whether it follows more or less exactly the Streams in the Negev 2003
Version whose 1985 copyright is claimed.

In other words, does this module represent a work that has been published in
printed format?
If so, the module name should more accurately reflect the title of that
printed work.

Best wishes,

David