[sword-devel] Versification discovery? [Was: Re: French versifications, was Re: FreJND and HebDelitzsch released]

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Sun Aug 23 14:04:25 MST 2015

I had submitted a Python script somewhere that simply walks through every
versification in the Sword library and reports the number of extra/missing
verses in a given OSIS file relative to each versification with a
per-Testament breakdown. For instance it might give output similar to the
following:

Old Testament:
3 verses found in file not in versification
1 verse found in versification not found in file

New Testament:
12 verses found in file not in versification
0 verses found in versification not found in file

That script still exists somewhere, although it might need to be tweaked if
you're running the newest versions of the library. It doesn't lend itself
well to automation, but you can use the output to select a versification
for each module and feed it into any of your automation systems.

--Greg