[sword-devel] eBible.org repository refresh done

Martin Denham mjdenham at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 13:30:55 MST 2015

Apologies for taking a long time to look at the new eBible repo.  Here are
a couple of comments/questions.

Firstly I have tried adding the new eBible repo to And Bible and downloaded
a few modules without any problems but there were a few things I noticed
while testing.

1. Some of the language prefixes seem non-standard.
I have not seen modules with an underscore in them before e.g.
eng_web2015.  We don't normally prefix English modules with the language.
If we did then I think the standard, following SpaRV should be EngWEB2015.
And this seems inconsistent because there is also engBBE1964 in the eBible
repo.

2. .mod continuation error
I think that DM has already mentioned this.  The backslash implies the line
continues onto the next line.  However, the next line appears blank and
probably being removed by the parser and the following line is a new
property.  It might be fixed by ensuring the last line contains characters
and no backslash continuation character.
E.g.

CopyrightNotes=Хушхабар\
Portions of the Holy Bible in the Tajik language of Tajikistan\
<removed several lines>
For other uses, please contact the respective copyright owners.\
2014-04-02\

ShortCopyright=© 2010, 2014 Фонди «Калом»

I think that changing to the following style should fix this:

CopyrightNotes=Хушхабар\
Portions of the Holy Bible in the Tajik language of Tajikistan\
<removed several lines>
For other uses, please contact the respective copyright owners.\
2014-04-02
ShortCopyright=© 2010, 2014 Фонди «Калом»

E.g. Error messages
Continuation followed by key for CopyrightNotes in husNT2005:
ShortCopyright=© 2005 WBT
Continuation followed by key for CopyrightNotes in tgk2014:
ShortCopyright=© 2010, 2014 Фонди «Калом»

It seems like this problem occurs in most modules.

Martin