[sword-devel] eBible.org repository refresh complete

Karl Kleinpaste karl at kleinpaste.org
Mon Aug 10 08:01:54 MST 2015

On 08/10/2015 09:27 AM, David Haslam wrote:
> The new release was not yet featured in the home page for xiphos.org
Website fixed in main page and download page.
> 1. For Biblical Text modules, a visit to the language branch called
> "Unknown" lists 12 modules.
> It would seem that the languages list in locales.conf lack a few entries.
Xiphos does not use locales.conf; it uses a languages file in
/usr/share/xiphos, derived from (many years ago) BibleTime's original
list plus the SIL megalist plus quite a few individual modifications
since then.  I have made updates to this to resolve the difficulties
noticed, so Xiphos again shows no "Unknown" entries.  You can pick up
current SVN of the file at
https://sourceforge.net/p/gnomesword/code/4915/tree/trunk/ui/languages
and simply replace the one from 4.0.3.  This will be part of 4.0.4.
> Aside: Might it be an improvement to have "Unknown" placed at the top of the
> languages list?
No.  Making the anomalous appear as the norm (or, worse, special) is
wrong, philosophically.  If anything, it would be moved to the end, not
the beginning.  Regardless, moving it would screw with straightforward
sorting code, to very little benefit.