[sword-devel] usfm to osis converter...

Fred Smith fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Tue Aug 4 06:11:59 MST 2015

On Tue, Aug 04, 2015 at 06:03:09AM -0700, David Haslam wrote:
> Thanks Ryan,
>
> I imagine some SWORD developers are competent in using Python under CygWin
> as well as on Linux.
>
> When I tried u2o.py last week, it bombed out at the first line:
>
> #!/usr/bin/python3
>
> This line seems to be particular to your current Linux system and chosen
> Python interpreter.
> Should I just delete it?

You weren't writing to me, but my $0.02 answer would be to first remove
the path, leaving just the python3:

#!python3

and see if that works.

or do a "find" to figure out where python3 is located on your system and
change the path in that statement to match.

That statement is just for the purpose of telling the shell what program
to use to interpret the remainder of the script.