[sword-devel] Xiphos 4.0.2

Karl Kleinpaste karl at kleinpaste.org
Thu Apr 23 19:45:41 MST 2015

On 04/23/2015 08:53 AM, Fred Smith wrote:
> I note that there is also a .spec file available and thought I'd try
> to build a binary RPM for it too.
>
> But I'm pretty ignorant of how to do that, so I've googled for how to
> build an RPM binary from source and found a number of hits.
Make a directory ~/rpmbuild; within that make directories BUILD,
BUILDROOT, RPMS, SOURCES, SPECS, SRPMS; within RPMS, make further
directories i686, noarch, x86_64.  Put xiphos.spec in SPECS.  Put
xiphos-x.y.z.tar.gz in SOURCES.  Mutter "rpmbuild -bb
~/rpmbuild/SPECS/xiphos.spec".  Wait a minute, then look in RPMS subdirs
for packages.