[sword-devel] Help needed to build Sword Python binding on Windows

Nic Carter niccarter at mac.com
Mon Sep 8 04:56:13 MST 2014

Hi Timothy,

To my very inexperienced (Windows-wise) eyes, it looks like it is struggling to link to ICU? As I have no idea how Visual Studio works, I'm not sure how to direct you to fix the issue, but perhaps look at that?

Perhaps you'd have more success if you tried compiling using cygwin or something like that (if that even exists anymore - I haven't done any development work on a Windows machine for over 10 years!) or, if you have the luxury, a Mac or Linux box? (yes, yes, we have what we have, and there is a huge range of devices being used with SWORD by people on this list, so hopefully someone can help more than I can?)

Thanks, ybic
	nic...  :)