[sword-devel] OSIS markup for gen books and devotionals

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Wed Oct 8 13:16:20 MST 2014

Thanks for the email Karl.  Yes, when I read Laurie's concise and
informative report of how we do on different features and output
formats, I was grateful in my heart and planned to use her report for
improving the XHTML filters.  I agree, these are bugs and we need to fix
them.  I started the XHTML filters with 2 hopes: that those who use
their own filter sets would consider collaborating together on this
filter set provided with the engine, and that those who use the XHTML
filters would improve them.  We all have 5 projects we're working on
these days and as usual, what is urgent for our own work, or what is
easy and fun, is usually highest priority for each of us.  I'm happy to
see a commit to improve the XHTML filters.

Regarding your TTS impl, have you considered calling
module.stripText().  This should give a reasonable plain-text
representation of a module entry.