[sword-devel] Building Python binding to Sword on Windows returns exit code 1

Ben Morgan benpmorgan at gmail.com
Wed May 28 20:48:01 MST 2014

This probably doesn't directly help your issues here, but the SWIG 3.0
issue seems to have been fixed in SWIG 3.0.1 which was released yesterday.
http://sourceforge.net/p/swig/news/2014/05/swig-301-released/

   - A few notable regressions introduced in 3.0.0 have been fixed - in
   Lua, nested classes and parsing of operator <<.

As for this one here, I would try the sword_static, ignore the errors
building the samples, and copy the sword.lib like you found you had to.
That might work, but probably won't either.

Greg, is it possible the non-static one doesn't define SWUSINGDLL when
compiling the swig generated code? If I remember rightly, that causes
issues.
God Bless,
Ben
 For I have no pleasure in the death of anyone,
declares the Lord God; so turn, and live.”
Ezekiel 18:32 (ESV)