[sword-devel] RTFHTML filter bugs

Jaak Ristioja jaak at ristioja.ee
Tue May 20 15:27:36 MST 2014

I've never done BiDi, but I'm not sure I need to take that into account
while fixing the RTF parsing. As I currently understand it, this
particular piece of code does not support any part from the RTF spec
dealing with bidirectional text handling. Hence all BiDi information
contained in the configuration file strings (e.g. About=) is contained
either in the plain ASCII text or the \u<num> Unicode escapes which this
algorithm should pass through unmodified.

...except for HTML entities which should actually be escaped. This bug
in the algorithm I previously failed to notice. Additionally I forgot
that non-ASCII characters in the input string should also lead to
parsing failure.

Jaak