[sword-devel] Packaging ....

Barry Drake bdrake at crosswire.org
Fri Mar 28 13:31:06 MST 2014

On 28/03/14 14:37, Jaak Ristioja wrote:
> I've found the following guide helpful for Debian:
> https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/maint-guide/update.en.html#newupstream

Thanks.  Matej sent me that link earlier and I've installed all the
recommended packages and their dependencies.  I've done the suggested
'sudo pbuilder --update' followed by 'pdbuild' in the sword directory
after extracting the debian directory from the sword deb package.  It
nearly works, but dies with this error message:
    dh_testdir
    debian/rules override_dh_auto_build
make[1]: Entering directory `/tmp/buildd/sword-1.7.2+dfsg'
dh_auto_build -Scmake --parallel
dh_auto_build: No compatibility level specified in debian/compat
dh_auto_build: This package will soon FTBFS; time to fix it!
dh_auto_build: Compatibility levels before 5 are deprecated (level 1 in use)
dh_auto_build: error: unable to chdir to obj-i686-linux-gnu
make[1]: *** [override_dh_auto_build] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/buildd/sword-1.7.2+dfsg'
make: *** [build] Error 2
dpkg-buildpackage: error: debian/rules build gave error exit status 2

At this point, I'm feeling beaten, incompetent and lost.  Any thoughts?

God bless,        Barry.