[sword-devel] Bug in sword engine?

Barry Drake bdrake at crosswire.org
Wed Mar 26 08:27:06 MST 2014

On 26/03/14 14:01, David "Judah's Shadow" Blue wrote:
> Is the span tag in HTML or OSIS?

OSIS, as converted by osis2mod.  The OSIS fragment I gave as an example
reads:
<verse sID="1Kgs.14.21" osisID="1Kgs.14.21"/>
<note n="204">14.21: Brenton's footnote here says 'The first 20 verses
of this chapter are supplied by the <hi type="italic">Alex.' </hi> He
does not, however include the text of these verses in the appendix, but
simply points out the fact in the footnote above at v. 1, that the
substance of the verses is found in the Vatican copy after <hi

The OSIS was produced using usfm2mod.py from a usfm file which has this
note as:
\f + \fr 12.21: \ft Brenton's footnote here says 'The first 20 verses of
this chapter are supplied by the \it Alex.' \it* He does not, however
include the text of these verses in the appendix, but simply points out
the fact in the footnote above at v. 1, that the substance of the verses
is found in the Vatican copy after \it v. \it* 24 \it chap. \it* 12.  \f*

As I mentioned, the earlier build of BibleTime which I still have on
another computer reads the same module as I would expect.

God bless,        Barry.