[sword-devel] Bug in sword engine?

Barry Drake bdrake at crosswire.org
Wed Mar 26 03:41:57 MST 2014

Hi there ....  Yesterday, I had to re-install Ubuntu.  I rebuilt Sword
and BibleTime in the new environment, and found that something has
changed since the last re-build some three weeks ago.  I am currently
working on Brenton's septuagint, including the footnotes, and Brenton
uses a lot of italics that don't match the predefined types that appear
in italics in usfm and OSIS.

The footnote which appears in an older build as:
12.21: Brenton's footnote here says 'The first 20 verses of this chapter
are supplied by the Alex.' He does not, however include the text of
these verses in the appendix, but simply points out the fact in the
footnote above at v. 1, that the substance of the verses is found in the
Vatican copy after v. 24 chap. 12.

(with the appropriate parts italicised) - shows in the present build as:

12.21: Brenton's footnote here says 'The first 20 verses of this chapter
are supplied by the <span class="italic">Alex.' </span> He does not,
however include the text of these verses in the appendix, but simply
points out the fact in the footnote above at v. 1, that the substance of
the verses is found in the Vatican copy after <span class="italic">v.

Is this a bug which I ought to report, or is it a recognition of the
fact that the italics class is now deprecated?

God bless,        Barry.