[sword-devel] module driver reorganization proposal

Peter von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Thu Mar 20 23:53:48 MST 2014

On Tue, 2014-03-18 at 12:21 -0700, Troy A. Griffitts wrote:
>  I think it is important to maintain the
> SWCom distinction and that SWCom should not conceptually inherit SWText,
> though I do understand why you propose such to reduce code duplication.

Complex commentaries I have seen will re-run a chapter or book several
times - synopsis, in detail and in more detail etc. And then throw a few
extra articles in on subjects raised by the text. And right now we are
hard pressed to cover that easily. That is right. So commentaries and
Bible text are/should be ideally different.

I would guess though - and I am far from sure if this makes a blind bit
of difference in terms of code saving, if the inheritance was the other
way round - SWText inheriting from SWCom and basically offering a
simplified version of the same if this would not be a possible way to
go.

In general, it would be useful if either drivers would allow more
complexity - study bibles are pretty hard to implement completely.

Peter