[sword-devel] 1.7.2 release

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Mon Mar 17 07:04:30 MST 2014

Dear Костя,

Is there a way to include a link to the diff in the bug instead of simply to you entire repository. I'd lime to review and comment on your fix (as I'm using my phone to check my mail) and have spent 5 minutes or so trying to get the website to just switch to the branch you mention and it doesn't respond, at least on Chrome for Android. I've seen other people post links to diffs, in the past. Is their a way to create a link which shows the work done in your branch?

Regarding the bug, there are 2 separate issues in my mind.

First, the use of distinct sorting algorithms between module creation and module consumption could cause this problem. I don't know if this is the problem, but I've always worried about it. We have 3 build scenarios for SWORD which worry me for this bug, i11n supported by: ICU, Qt, neither. If the module build tools configuration differs from the client configuration, I am worried our binary sort will loop, though it's only a suspicion we use i11n code in the sort algo (toupper).

The second issue is user-displayed order of keys. The binary sort is an index for fast lookup. We've talked about keeping another index which preserves the 'book order' of the module. The LD driver is meant only for fast lookups, not for showing a module sequentially.

Troy