[sword-devel] CzeBKR & CzeCSP

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Fri Mar 7 19:56:26 MST 2014

On 3/5/2014 6:49 AM, Matej Cepl wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 27, 2014 at 04:17:24AM -0800, Chris Little wrote:
>> If you intend to use Wikisource as a source text, use the underlying
>> Wiki document and write a script to pull a fresh copy from Wikisource
>> so that changes to the Wikisource copy can be easily integrated into
>> updates. If you'd like an example Python script that downloads
>> documents from Wikisource and generates an OSIS document, I can send
>> you one.
>
> Could I ask for it, please? Is it available somewhere? URL? Thank you
> very much.
>
> Blessings,
>
> Matěj

I placed a sample script at
https://crosswire.org/svn/sword-tools/trunk/modules/wikisource/wycliffe.py.

This will download the current version of Wikisource's Wycliffe
translation from https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Bible_(Wycliffe) and
convert it to USFM, writing each book as it downloads. I wrote this for
someone who uses USFM, so it writes USFM, but it would be fairly easy to
make it convert to OSIS instead. (Or simply use usfm2osis.py to convert
the resulting USFM to OSIS.)

--Chris