[sword-devel] Using the -N option in osis2mod ?

David Haslam dfhmch at googlemail.com
Wed Jun 25 06:49:15 MST 2014

Thanks (DM) for the detailed reply.

If NFC doesn't really work properly for Hebrew (for whatever reasons) this
prompts the further question
as to whether the WLC module ought to be rebuilt again without NFC
normalization.

After all, the unstated reason that once applied to the earlier reversion
might still be a valid one.

There are other issues with the WLC module, such as the spaces after Maqaf
that should not be there.
The Hebrew Punctuation Maqaf is meant to join words, not to separate them.
It acts much like we use a hyphen, though never for mere typesetting
purposes, such as when word-wrap occurs.

e.g. Gen 1:2 should have עַל־פְּנֵ֥י rather than עַל־ פְּנֵ֥י
etc. (though in observing this, I digress from the topic of this thread).

Best regards,

David