[sword-devel] Using the -N option in osis2mod ?

David Haslam dfhmch at googlemail.com
Wed Jun 25 05:53:28 MST 2014

My observations arise in connection with Hebrew Unicode text.

I do know why NFC is default, and why it's recommended.

The Hebrew MapM module is not NFC normalized, so there must have been a
genuine reason why the -N option was used during its build. Another Hebrew
module (from IBT) is also not normalized.

Likewise, an earlier version of the Hebrew WLC module was rebuilt without
NFC, albeit the current release is normalized. Refer to the file wlc.conf
for the history.

This suggests that the -N option can be made to work, but perhaps it has
only ever been tested under Linux?  As a Windows user, I am curious as to
why I could not get it to work at all.

Though I can't go into any details, my OSIS XML source text is already
UTF-8, and is valid to the OSIS schema.

I am still curious as to why there was a historic reversion of normalization
for the WLC module.
cf. I asked Chris, but he never responded, though I guess he's too busy this
year.

Best regards,

David