[sword-devel] SWORD + Cordova

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Fri Jul 18 22:03:19 MST 2014

Many of you know that I've been working on Cordova/Phonegap bindings for
SWORD.  I have a working javascript app running on Android now and would
like to move the proof of concept to the next phase and see if we can
get the same app running on iOS.  I don't know anything about iOS. :)

Is anyone willing to try to develop an iOS Cordova plugin equivalent to
my Android plugin.

The Android plugin isn't very large, so translating it into iOS might
not be a huge task.  Here it is:

http://crosswire.org/~scribe/bishop/plugins/org.crosswire.sword.cordova.SWORD/src/android/SWORD.java

A very simply Cordova plugin example for iOS can be seen here, if it
helps explain to Cordova aspects of an iOS Cordova plugin:

http://crosswire.org/~scribe/bishop/plugins/org.crosswire.sword.cordova.SWORD/src/ios/

If you'd like to see the basic Android app, you can download the .apk
here.  The entire apk, which includes libsword.so, the Java bindings to
SWORD, the Cordova bindings to the Java binding of SWORD, and the
JavaScript app, totals 661K, which is pretty cool.

http://crosswire.org/~scribe/bishop3.apk

If anyone is interested in helping with another platform besides iOS,
you can see the small example Cordova plugin for other platforms here:

http://crosswire.org/~scribe/bishop/plugins/org.crosswire.sword.cordova.SWORD/src/

Thanks for any interest and help,

Troy