[sword-devel] Unusual behavior from diatheke on Linux with musl libc

Isaac Dunham ibid.ag at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 10:11:03 MST 2014

Hello,
I've been trying to package Sword for Alpine Linux (alpinelinux.org),
which uses an alternate libc.
Relevant packages and versions are as follows:
libc: musl 1.1.3
gcc: 4.8.2
clucene: 2.3.3.4
icu: 53.1
sword: 1.7.3

So far, Sword builds fine, and installmgr works with a minor bug
that I think I have a solution for.
(The last line of the prompt, "enable? [no]", does not get written until
the reply is entered. The solution is probably just an fflush(); I've
run into this issue before.)

But diatheke has a problem that seems more serious:
the last verse consistently gets repeated without the verse numbers.
An example:
$ diatheke -b KJV -k Ps117
Psalms 117:1: O praise the LORD, all ye nations: praise him, all ye people.
Psalms 117:2: For his merciful kindness is great toward us: and the truth of the LORD endureth for ever. Praise ye the LORD.
: For his merciful kindness is great toward us: and the truth of the LORD endureth for ever. Praise ye the LORD.
(KJV)

I don't know where this issue is likely to be coming from; I thought
I'd ask if someone who knows their way around the source had any ideas.

Thank you and God bless,
Isaac Dunham