[sword-devel] Deuterocanonical books / Apocrypha

Peter von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Fri Jan 31 15:18:40 MST 2014

On Fri, 2014-01-31 at 11:27 -0600, Greg Hellings wrote:
> . I hope that
> AndBible will support the more inclusive canons in the future without
> pejorative language such as is found on that page.

If you look at these three snippets of code, I think that hope would
require a change of heart rather than just improved code. On the other
side, the code is so clear, it should be easy to fix:

/**
* get books from current Versification that are scriptural
*/
public List<BibleBook> getScripturalBibleBooks() {

List<BibleBook> books = new ArrayList<BibleBook>();
Iterator<BibleBook> bookIter = getVersification().getBookIterator();
while (bookIter.hasNext()) {
BibleBook bibleBook = bookIter.next();
     if (Scripture.isScripture(bibleBook)) {
     books.add(bibleBook);
     }
}

return books;
}

and

/** define Scripture */
private static final Versification SCRIPTURAL_V11N =
Versifications.instance().getVersification("KJV");

and

/** TODO: needs to be improved because some books contain extra chapters
which are non-scriptural
*/
static public boolean isScripture(BibleBook bibleBook) {
return SCRIPTURAL_V11N.containsBook(bibleBook) && !
INTROS.contains(bibleBook);
}